Sunday, June 17, 2007

Frankenstein (1931)

I watched it again... it was inevitable, wasn't it? I never realized, it's the perfect father's day movie. Long story short, great lines, wonderful acting and the best classic horror movie ever. Best scenes: "It's alive!", The monster trying to hold the light, Maria being very kind and showing the monster's gentle side (The death was accidental. He thought she would float like the flowers.) and Frankenstein fighting with the monster.

Best lines:

Crazy, am I?

Now I know what it feels like to be God!

You have created a monster, and it will destroy you!

Boris made the monster so innocent. This brings into question Mind and Spirit. He had a mind, of this we are certain. A criminal mind. But a body, having never lived before, does it have a Spirit? Does the Spirit live in the brain? Was he the criminal himself in a new body? He wasn't evil. He misunderstood the World and the World misunderstood him. There was no villain. No one set out to cause trouble. Henry wanted to create. Not such a good idea, but not evil. It seems that I stopped making sense a while ago, so that was my review. I hope you didn't suffer too much. See you next time!

No comments: